Monday 17 November 2008

"Does she... or doesn't she?"

OR

How to morph streaks of grey(ing) hair into "highlights".



Having a genetic predisposition for early (very early) greying, as I do, can be a blessing in disguise. 
Sure, in theory most people would like to retain their natural hair colour and avoid the hassle of excessive hair care. (And I should tell you right now that, in my case, even a visit to a  hairdresser every few months, to trim my hair - no blow-drying, no "hairdos", no nothing: just washing and trimming the hair, which I then let dry at room temperature, or even outside - qualifies as "hassle".)

On the other hand, my early grey hair has given me the opportunity to  experiment with hair colours (which always appealed to me, but I never found the time or the energy to go through the "hassle" while the colour of my hair was still pristine).


It's so easy, really. It's amazingly, almost
appallingly easy! (Yes, I know: it's a strange choice of words. Cal me a "verbal impressionist". ;)) Which is why I never could understand why people - women, specifically - do it so rarely.
"Sun-kissed" hair

No comments:

Which food is eating you today?