Thursday 19 May 2011

Argan oil... Does it work?

Well, it depends on what you expect - and how quickly you expect it to happen.
But I can tell you this. For the past few months I've been giving my friends - male and female - argan oil as a gift. In fact, I don't think they'll ever receive any commercially concocted beauty products from me (except, maybe, some of the L'Occitane
 products - most of which, which, however, I can replicate myself and make them work just as well if not better).

As you can imagine, the reason why I am using it as a present is the efficacy of argan oil.
That darned oil just hasn't disappointed anyone yet!
(If it has disappointed you, please do let me know.)

My 79-year-old aunt's skin looks smooth and practically wrinkle-free again.
Although I must tell you, none of my relatives, except one, ever had very many wrinkles.
However the difference is visible, no question about that. It was visible after only a week or so of her using it. Not only did I notice it - she noticed it, which almost never happens.

Another relative of mine (in her early forties) who suffers from extremely dry skin has dumped all the other (expensive) creams and is now using only my home-made concoction of argan oils with a few drops of assorted essential oils.
And her brother (also in his early forties) now swears by argan oil. To him, I gave it pure, with no essential oils added, because he claims they give him headaches. (Not true - PURE essential oils can never give you hedaches - unless you're literally doused in them -, but they can make them disappear. However, I did not want to argue with him at that point.)

Other happy recipients include not only friends, but also elderly - yet still beauty conscious - neighbours.
I have yet to see a disappointed face.


But that's not the only reason why I like it so much.
Whenever I buy it, I feel good because I know my money will go to female cooperatives in Morocco, who now make a living off this tree and the oil of its kernels.
That thought literally makes me smile every time I fork out the money. :)
(In truth, I have been reading recently that things may not be as picture-perfect as they appeared to be. I'll keep you updated on this. But it surely beats paying handsomely to pharmaceutical companies!)

No comments:

Which food is eating you today?